7 Technology & Design Questions
EQengineered had the opportunity to bring together nine leading Boston organizations at our June executive breakfast who were interested in learning and sharing with peers. Below are 7 key questions posed by participating executives and discussed with the group.
7 Key Enterprise Tech & Design Questions
- How do the tech, marketing, and design teams work with HR to ensure the currency, needed skills, and career laddering of employees?
- How does employee experience assume the same priority as external customer experience?
- What is the difference in skill set and role between a project or program manager and a product manager? Where do the product managers reside in the organization?
- How is the customer experience | experience design | user experience | design team structured? How does this team cross train? What are the advantages and disadvantages you've experienced with a central services model, or is a hub and spoke structure preferable?
- To what extent do you leverage offshore | nearshore resources? For what types of projects or initiatives? How do you manage this work stream? Are offshore | nearshore resources able to work in an agile process?
- How do you maintain consistent user experiences when integrating multiple SaaS products? To what extent does this require support to overcome fragmented experiences by leveraging APIs and developing custom interfaces?
- What resources do you have to support user testing internally versus externally? What role does a testing panel serve?
3 Take Aways
- Organizations large and small have embraced the reality that digital transformation is a matter of survival.
- Customer experience and technical know how are THE priorities, critical to organizational competitiveness, and mobilizing collaboration across the organization (IT, marketing, HR, executive suite).
- Securing and retaining the right talent is a leading challenge, and employee needs are changing culture and the way organizational learning occurs.